Enhancement Patch #1
Enhancement Patch #1
As mentioned earlier this month, we’re going to start implementing our additional Enhancement Patches. Those updates won’t bring big new content drops as our usual monthly releases so far, but they’re still going to improve or expand many features.
The good news is… the first Enhancement Patch is right behind the corner! It introduces building upgrades as a way to boost or specialize your colony buildings to your linking. We’ve also reworked the Tech Tree, differentiating various crops and insects better and more.
Be advised that due to changes to the core mechanics of the game, any save files created with an older version of the game will not work after this update. You should see a warning pop up when you try and load an older save.
Xbox One: 22.214.171.124
Added the first batch of building upgrades, unlockable from the Tech Tree.
Unlocking the tech will add a button to the specific building that says “Upgrade”.
- Selecting this will then place a construction zone of the new upgraded version of the building to the place where the original building was.
- Please note that you will not be able to build the upgraded version of a building directly, instead you will have to build the original version first and then select the upgrade option.
New building upgrades include but are not limited to the following:
- Increased amount of shelter space in tents and emergency shelters.
- Open fields have a new version called Irrigated fields, which have a higher yield.
- Automated versions of the extractors.
- Upgraded version of the Campsite (visual upgrade only).
Tech Tree has been redone with a completely new category and new techs added.
- Some techs have also been moved around to other categories or even to completely new techs.
- When you have a tech being researched, the category button should show an icon indicating the tech is from that category.
- The feedback icon in the top right corner has been changed back to the Ladybug.
- Added the resource Electronics to the game. This resource can be gained by producing it in the Electronics Factory, scavenging it from locations on the World Map and by trading with other societies. The Electronics resource can be found in the Other category in the top bar. The resource is used for some of the new building upgrades.
- The ability to set a Production limit has been added to several new buildings. This will allow you to ensure your colonists are not wasting their time by acquiring too many resources of one type when they could work as carriers instead.
- Storage buildings are no longer filled based on the weight of the resources inside them. They now get filled based on the amount of resources instead. We have also balanced the storage spaces of all storage buildings based on this change and how much larger they get with the techs that increase their size.
- The Bakery building now has two new recipes to select from.
- The resources required to make Bread have been changed.
- Fixed the rewards for the Quest “Nuclear Beast” to prevent it from giving three times the same reward.
- The Living Beings overlay now shows different floaters for Workers, Carriers, Guards and Children.
- Fixed an issue where the health of the Specialists would not be updated correctly in the Specialist panel on the top of the screen. This should now always be updated correctly whenever their health drops or whenever they are healed.
- Construction zones for buildings that are vital to surviving catastrophes will have an increased priority during catastrophes.
- Fixed an issue that caused the efficiency percentage to not work correctly for buildings like the Trapper. The buildings should also show an indicator and a status text to indicate too low efficiency for the building to work.
- The efficiency percentage should now be updated as the trees grow or as they are cut down. Previously the percentage was updated only if the work area was moved.
- Fixed an issue with the notification that alerts you that a Specialist has low health while scavenging. This should now only appear if the location has hazards and the Specialist is in real danger of dying.
- Fixed an issue with the system that defines which catastrophes you will experience next. Winter should now occur more frequently.
- The Forester building should now plant trees that are more appropriate for the soil.
- You should now be able to select colonists from the Occupants list from buildings.
- The Forester building should now show the correct text during Winter. The building is not intended to be functional during this season as the ground is frozen. Previously the building would show a text that indicated it could work if heated. This text should now tell you that it is disabled by the catastrophe.
- Added a “Restore Defaults” button to all tabs in the Settings.
- Wheat should no longer be eaten by colonists or used to make meals in the Cookhouse or the Mess Hall. It should only be used to make Flour in the Mill.
- Modified the amount of trees that are generated in different soils. This should cause for example dry soil to have much less trees than fertile soil.
- Fixed an issue that caused the fog that covers the World Map to be entirely removed when a sector was scouted.
- Fixed an issue that caused the energy consumers to turn on and off when the energy balance is negative. This issue caused the floaters to appear and disappear and for the animations of the buildings to start, stop and then start again.
- Storage buildings now show more rows of resources in them.
- The colonists working as guards should now show a crossbow icon as their Weapon if no better weapons are available for them to use.
- Person icons have been updated around the game.
- Tweaked the existing models for several buildings and added new models for the upgraded version of the buildings.
- The capacity of the Burial Pit has been reduced.
- The storage size of the Sauna has been reduced.
- All crops have been rebalanced based on their properties.
- The pollution value of foods has been balanced a bit more.
- Adjusted the rate that affects how quickly colonists warm up in their shelters.
- Made the Insect farm work faster to be a more consistent source of food and rebalanced the properties of the insects that can be farmed there.
- Decreased the production times of the Fishing Hut and the Aqua Farm.
- Reduced the size of the World Map slightly.
- Changed the resources the Campsite can hold by removing a few of them. The removed resources were mainly endgame resources that are not available at the start of a new game.
- Slightly increased the amount of Science Points found on the World Map to help with the new Tech Tree.